-
March 14th, 2002, 06:58 PM
#11
MovieStuff
Guest
Yes, I will post either some footage or some JPEGs of the frame line expansion and contraction. The up and down movement is not due to camera movement. The camera was locked down and the frameline can be seen to expand and contract tremendously. It will be later this evening before I can post anything.
Roger
------------------
Roger Evans
MovieStuff
http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html
-
March 14th, 2002, 09:40 PM
#12
mattias
Guest
-
March 14th, 2002, 10:33 PM
#13
MovieStuff
Guest
Thanks, Mattias.
This example is what I would consider minor compared to the jitter I recently transferred both in Tri-X and off Kodachrome. Ironically, some older out dated Ektachrome was fine but grainy, of course.
I still see if I can't get some JPEGs of the frameline posted.
Roger
------------------
Roger Evans
MovieStuff
http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html
-
March 15th, 2002, 04:26 AM
#14
Ronson
Guest
Roger said: "The frame is sharp but is simply in the wrong place relative to the sprocket hole. This makes the final image jump up and down violently like an earthquake. More of a vertical "vibration" look and not so much a smear. Side to side registration seems to be unaffected."
Roger, is there any chance some of the footage you're seeing could have been shot with a camera that wasn't locked down sufficiently?
We shot a lot of Pro8mm stock recently, and my DP failed to use a heavy-duty tripod. Later, some folks suggested that the camera motor (Beaulieu 5008) was simply tougher than the tripod. I thought this suggestion had a bit of credence, since the hand-held shots on the same roll were plenty stable, with no up-down jitter.
What you describe above is exactly what those "non-lockdown" shots of mine looked like.
Just curious. What's your take on this?
And it this jitter really limited thus far to the 2003/2004 exp batches? I'm just wondering how safe I'll be if I shoot on some exp 2002 K-40 stock I've got.
Many thanks to any who jump in,
Ronson
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks